Thursday, July 22, 2004

I Wonder What's Going to Happen with Iran.

I'm sure that many have heard that the 9/11 Commission will report, among other things, the Iran gave the 9/11 hijackers safe passage, and so helped facilitate the attack, I guess. I think a lot of people are speculating that we will invade in the not too distant future, because, after all, the Bush doctrine says so. But I'm not so sure, and the reason being an over-stretched military, compounded by recruitment and retention problems.
I suspect that the Bush administration's response will be far more cool-headed this time around.  Seriously, I think he's going to try to use it to illustrate that he's a changed man.  Also, if he can get the U.N. to take some sort of action, no matter how small, I'm sure that it will be spun as proof that he is in fact capable of convincing the International community to get involved in Iraq.